Confirm RED ONE has MX Sensor

Tim Neale

Recently I purchased a RED ONE MX.

Or so it would appear. It was certainly listed as that on eBay.

I have just tried to adjust the ISO and find the upper limit is 2000, which I would only expect on the original Mysterium sensor. Photo attached.

I can't think why another setting would impose this limit.

Can anyone help me by either confirming that the 2000 ISO limit means the sensor must be the earlier Mysterium sensor or explain how and why the system would impose this limit?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

RED.Monitor.jpg

It doesn't, I'm afraid.

It just says initialising, as below.

I've been looking around online for a while trying to find any clues but am finding it difficult to get anything conclusive.

The maximum resolution is 4.5kws.

Red.Boot.Screen.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the tip regarding the metadata. I contacted RED at the time and they pointed me to that also. I should have posted that here for others to see.

It was indeed the old sensor and no, I didn't get a refund as it would have meant going to court. I did get legal advice but the expense and the time it would have required meant I took the hit unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Tim Neale said:

It was indeed the old sensor and no, I didn't get a refund as it would have meant going to court. I did get legal advice but the expense and the time it would have required meant I took the hit unfortunately.

Not everything has to go to court. 

Sometimes just a politely worded message asking for some compensation? And they might do so out of the goodness of their heart. 

Or use the ebay disputes resolution process, if that is how you purchased it. (anyway, too late now)

58 minutes ago, David Peterson said:

Or use the ebay disputes resolution process, if that is how you purchased it.

I am vicious with their buyer protection.

"Yeah uh the microphone had a slight ding in it leading to an altered frequency response at 2000hz, this item is no longer fully functional although the USED tagline clearly states FULLY functional"

Free rentals