SIX WAYS TO FILM LIKE A CINEMATOGRAPHER BUT THINK LIKE AN EDITOR

Hm, not sure so about number 3. Do another take even if your take is perfect. I think with the wrong perspective this can establish bad habits with regards to efficiency. If you Do a perfect take on your first take, yeah it's probably ok to do it again if you have time. But if something was inherently wrong with 5 takes (focus etc) and you finally get it perfect on the last one...uh, yeah personally I choose to not do it again, I feel that it just wastes time. I think it's best for the mood on set to keep things moving. 

I think these "shoot like an editor" written mostly by.. drum roll.. editors are double edged swords .. of course there are sound fundamental rules.. hold the shot.. cover the scene .. do a wide shot.. but there it can be damaging/limiting to shoot like an editor.. and sometimes the editor also has to be as creative as we are forced to be in the field .. not just wide, medium,tight..rinse repeat and go to the pub.. I worked once with a Dir who had very recently been an editor.. and it was a nightmare .. he wanted to shoot it like he was editing in camera.. eg..Dir why are you shooting that.. me .. because its a nice shot.. Dir  but how can I use it  Me .. hire an editor with imagination ..   you get the idea..