Bernhard Kipperer

New prototype, who can guess what it is?

Correct, but that is only ONE part of what it will do.

It's a new adapter for Cine Assist, which of course can do much more that just time lapses, but so far could only control cameras with electrical remote sockets, see http://cineassist.filmcurl.com

Now I can plug in Cine Assist and the adapter "translates" signals to a standard cable release.

This way I can fully support Super 8 cameras that only have cable releases, I recently for example succeeded with an Eumig Mini 5 and a Voigtländer Zeiss Ikon Moviflex MS8. But I could also already successfully use it for long time exposures on 35mm and 110 still cameras and for single frame releases on my Krasnogorsk 16mm movie camera.

With some overly complex mechanics that scare me, haha, won't say more yet, it's still in development 😀

It works as a prototype now but is not very portable (as compared to Cine Assist that is small, light-weight and only uses a single battery).

I hope to be able to improve its power consumption and shrink it soon, new components to build the next revision are already on their way to me, once I'm fully done I will post pictures and videos and all details of course, so stay tuned!