Posted (edited)

IT'S HERE, at last, the first teaser trailer for Todd Phillips' Joker, starring Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Fleck, who becomes The Joker, yes, it is a DC film, a sort of Elseworlds tale, meaning it's separate, supposedly, from the continuity of the DCEU and is a what if kinda film, similar to The Killing Joke, those sorts of one off comics runs. $55 million budget, Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz, Frances Conroy, Shea Whigham, Marc Maron and more join Phoenix. Martin Scorsese was attached as exec producer at some point, Emma Tillinger Koskoff, one of his usual producers, is on board though. 

The film will be a character study, a tragedy of sorts. 

Gregory Irwin worked on the film and gave me some technical details on the film, I don't know if I can share yet but I can at least say (as the info is on the official Alexa 65 website) that the film was shot on the Alexa 65 by Lawrence Sher, a Todd Phillips regular who shot The Hangover Trilogy, War Dogs and recently, Godzilla: King Of Monsters, another Alexa 65 show, which looks gorgeous too. 

Anyway, the film looks really special and gorgeous. 

https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/joker/

I'm not including the YT link, it's just too compressed, doesn't do it justice. 

Edited by Manu Delpech
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Manu Delpech said:

Youtube compression and quality is dreadful though. You're far better off watching the 1080p QT version on Apple Trailers

Yes, generally í agree. But the 4K version that was uploaded looked very good to me, and has a pretty high bitrate. 

Oddly, í found the apple qt version to be a little too dark.

But Stephanie Krall, the trailer's editor, just posted a glorious 3GB QT version for download on her vimeo page ~ 

https://vimeo.com/328265987

• Like 1

Looks really interesting. I'm sick to death of all these bloody comic book movies, but this one looks like it could be an interesting take.

• Like 1

Love it. This is “Taxi Driver” all of the way and not the typical comic book movie. The marketing will be critical for the box office success of this picture since it’s not a “Batman”. Beautifully lit, shot and directed. 

G

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The abundant grain, especially on the Pro Res file, is brilliant. 

Taxi Driver, The King Of Comedy, some sweet references. I just love everything about the trailer, it's going to be a new obsession 😄 The way the camera moves, the feel, the mood, the look, Joaquin, it's a great cut too. The trailer has been seen 21 million times already on Youtube Greg, this plus the buzz on Twitter and Cinema Con, this is going to set the world on fire. 

Edited by Manu Delpech
  • Like 1