Short film for your appreciation

Hey guys,

Just finished a new short film and I wanted to share with this forum. It's not traditional when it comes to its narrative form, but we took extra care to make it look very sober and elegant and avoided the hyper realistic look that is usually present in this kind of subject.

Hope you like it and please, feel free to comment and also to share your experience as to which film festivals we might be lucky with this movie.

pass: insidescreenerfc

Thanks!

Tiago Pimentel

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, Tiago Pimentel said:

Hey guys,

Just finished a new short film and I wanted to share with this forum. It's not traditional when it comes to its narrative form, but we took extra care to make it look very sober and elegant and avoided the hyper realistic look that is usually present in this kind of subject.

Hope you like it and please, feel free to comment and also to share your experience as to which film festivals we might be lucky with this movie.

pass: insidescreenerfc

Thanks!

Tiago Pimentel

Nobody? 

• Premium Member

It's really shot nicely and very professional in both image and sound design. 

I guess my only issues are the length and the translation. The same story could be told in 10 minutes easily and it totally loses my attention a few minutes in because I really don't know the importance of what I'm seeing. The "poetic" nature of the VO and henceforth subtitles, can be challenging for non-native speakers. Poetry is one of the most difficult things to translate and reading poetry vs hearing it, how it comes off the tung, especially in a sensual setting, just doesn't work in my opinion. If the poetry were re-written in English and then spoken, replacing the native language with English, I think it would be much better for me. It's one thing to subtitle dialog, normal sentence structure say, where our brains can easily translate the emotion we see in the characters faces and absorb the subtitles. However, where the heartbeat and story is driven exclusively from VO, it makes things very different. 

Just my .02 cents. 

Tyler, thank you for taking the time to comment. Yes, doing a film that tries to convey a lot of its mystery through a poetic and enigmatic VO is always a struggle and I understand a lot might be lost in translation. Not that the subtitles won't translate the feeling, but there are some things that need to be felt, instead of just read on a subtitle. We are actually thinking on doing an "international" version of this film by recording the VO in english. I know I'm biased, but I really like this project and I think it has a very powerful subject. Let's hope the english VO might help ?

Cheers and thanks!