pre-production set up

Matias Nicolas

Hi! I wanna know which digital tool, do you use or you know dp's use in big budget feature films or big comercials to design the lighting of a studio or big set. For ej:  (you can correct me!!) in the AC mag sometimes you see that in some movies the have a loke an architecture plan in some type of scale, with all the ligths, and measures of the set,   for big planning studios shots. I been watching also a plug in called the "cine designer" which is a plug in for cinema 4D from Cinematograhpy Database, where you can also plan your shot in 3D. Which I was amazed. Please, let me know every thing you know! thanks..

I use "Shot Designer" for overheads and "Shot Lister" for the shot list.  "Sun Surveyor" to double check where the sun will be through out the day.  "Cine Designer" is a neat tool but I have yet to be able to incorporate it into my usual workflow.  If I'm fortunate enough to have floor plans or some other architecture plans given to me in advance I use them as the base layer in "Shot Designer".

On 4/7/2019 at 1:29 PM, Dylan Sunshine Saliba said:

I use "Shot Designer" for overheads and "Shot Lister" for the shot list.  "Sun Surveyor" to double check where the sun will be through out the day.  "Cine Designer" is a neat tool but I have yet to be able to incorporate it into my usual workflow.  If I'm fortunate enough to have floor plans or some other architecture plans given to me in advance I use them as the base layer in "Shot Designer".

ok! Im cheking it right now.. thanks!