EOS adapter for XL1

Dagfather

I've been looking at buying an adapter for my XL 1 camera and then some EOS lenses. The stock XL1 lenses are extremely expencive, and the EOS adapter from Canon isn't exactly cheap either.

I heard the main difference between Canons adapter and the 3. part adapters is that with Canon you can still use everything automatic. But I prefer working manually anyway, so my wuestion is which brand should I buy?

On ebay I can only find an adapter made of ABS plastick.. Not to sure about that since the lens is quite heavy and you never know if you're going to bump into something..

Please help me out here. I need an adapter pretty quick because of a documentary we start shooting this fall.

Thanx!

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I've got the EOS adapter. It doesn't correct for focal lengths. You'll end up way out in the parking lot with your cam just to get a normal shot in a living room. It won't help you much. The most useful thing you can get is the manual zoom. It solves all of the goofy servo rings that you get with the auto lens.

The whole "primes on the XL" issue is overrated. You can still tell a fine story with the XL and a manual lens.