Should I sell my Angenieux 25-250 by itself or with my Eclair NPR kit?

Samuel Berger

Like the title says, Should I sell my Angenieux 25-250 by itself or with my Eclair NPR kit? I think it would add value to the kit, but I also know that I could probably sell it faster by itself. I have an Eclair NPR Ultra 16mm package that I need to sell as soon as possible. It was easy to sell the Ursa Mini 4K but this will be a harder sell.

The zoom is actually for 35mm cameras, has an Arri B mount, I used it on the Arri 2C and the Ursa Mini with its PL adapter. So I could see folks being interested in buying it by itself.

Just wondering what anyone thinks.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Samuel Berger said:

Yeah, it's pretty much useless for me, I'm never buying a PL mount camera again.

Ahh ok. Yea I feel ya. I'm the polar opposite, everyone here is PL. I have adaptors for Nikon and Canon lenses for my digital cameras and nobody has ever asked for them, ever. All they want/care about is PL glass because that's what the rental houses use. However, PL is a premium product, which you can get for cheaper as Nikon or Canon mount in many cases. So I understand why someone would stay away from PL due to cost. 

3 minutes ago, Max Field / Macks Fiiod said:

If it's dirt cheap I might buy it

It's not, I'm trying to get $1400 for it because it cost me more than that and I sent it to Bernie for service, etc. So even if I magically got my asking price, I'll still be losing a lot of dough.

But like you said, sunk cost is a fallacy.