Bolex REX-4 S16mm Conversion

Andrew Lin

Hey all!

Recently picked up a Bolex H16 REX-4 and am looking to get it converted to S16mm, and also potentially PL-mounted (currently have the turret). Was wondering where/who people recommend to get that done by. I'm New York based so I'd prefer something on the east-coast US but would definitely ship it across the country or internationally if the service was that different. Really appreciate any leads/suggestions.

Pretty sure Bernie @Super16 Inc. can do it, he's on the east coast. Also pretty sure Jean Louis can do it though he's in Montreal or Toronto, he's on the forms regularly. Then there's Pro Cam in AZ, personally haven't use him for any service. Of course you can still send your Bolex to Bolex Swiss for Super 16 conversion! I have my Rex 4 Factory Super 16! Not the cheapest option I'm afraid.

Thanks for the recs Todd! Would have gone with an SB/M but found a pretty good deal on an Rex4, although considering costs of a PL mount I probably should have just gone for that SB. The PL deal would probably be down the line anyway, I want to try out some of the Arri/Zeiss Ultra16's on the Bolex