Rob Webster

"Three Toy Indians" Short Film

Hello All,

I wanted to share a few frames from a short film that I shot back in January. It's a story about a trio of folk singing brothers on the last night that they see eachother for a number of years.

We filmed on location in Los Angeles, using Red Epic @ 5k (would have shot alexa but we had so little money), on my personal gorgeous set of rehoused Cooke Speed Panchro Lenses. These stills are all taken straight out of camera, with just the colour that I was seeing on the day. We made the decision early on to use only tungsten units, so we built a bunch of covered wagons, ring lights and overhead rigs all running household incadescent bulbs that we could dim and change out as necessary. These, combined with a number of tweenies on the ground, were really all we used, and I think it has quite a unique look because of that restriction.

I would really appreciate any feedback or comments that anybody has, and of course happy to answer any questions also.

Thanks All. 
Rob

A004_C003_0101UC.0003045.jpg

A005_C001_0101M9.0004398.jpg

A025_C011_0101L8.0001089.jpg

Looks great. Curious on your settings for each. Don't mind the darker mood - what are your thoughts behind that exposure? Be cool to see BTS of the lighting setups.