Black Magic Recording Media

Hi everyone, so I'll be purchasing the new Black Magic Ursa Mini Pro G2 and I was wondering if you purchase CF Cards, will they be able to manage and record BRaw at the highest quality (4.6K @ 12bit)? Or is this only do-able with the SSD Cards and attachment?

I'm concerned if I go with CF Cards I would be limited to certain recordings. I wouldn't be going that high in quality, but I would like to have the option if necessary. Does anyone know an answer to this?

• 2 months later...

There is a list of approved CFast cards on the BlackMagic support site.  I have been using SanDisk Extreme Pro 256Gb and Komputer Bay Professional 3700 and have been very happy with the results.  I can shoot at 4.6K @ 24fps in BRAW Q0 and at 4K DCI @ 120fps in BRAW 3:1 on my URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 without any drop frames or issues.

• 1 month later...

Bit late to the party here but while there is technically no limit to options if recording BRaw on UMP G1/G2 via CFast card, depending on what you're shooting you may experience frequent dropped frames at the higher end.

Risky combos mainly appear to be higher frame rates in 4.6K Q0 and Q5 if you're shooting something with lots of moving detail.