16mm Vision3 250D + 500T footage stills attached

• Premium Member

...so this is the other project Im doing....some of it I've posted before but here is new stuff....I think its always useful to see footage stills to see the look and vibe of 16mm

Governors_7_still.jpg

• Premium Member

...shot at the Governor of Gibraltar's residence inside the historic Banquet Hall with the table set up with Gibraltar Crystal (my client) crystalware.....obviously I was inspired in terms of the lighting I set up inside by Barry Lyndon (Kubrick) and I did a rack focus inspired by but nowhere near as cool as Hagen Bogdanski did in The Young Victoria....

Governors_4_still.jpg

• Premium Member

...and now the 500T stock...yes I'm left-eyed and i go lop-sided a bit when I frame up hahah. I shoot Hasselblad film system for pro jobs and my horizon is em suspect at times!

crystal_timeline1.jpg

Edited by Stephen Perera

Thank you for posting these. These images are sumptuous! You definitely got that Kubrick vibe happening there. If you can be bothered, can you post a full sized frame?

Every time I see a new digital camera, I think, okay, show's over for film. It happened on two occasions: the Dragon 6K and the A7s. Then I see film scans and I think, film just keep pulling me back. ? 

What's interesting is that there is not much difference between the two stocks. 7219 probably has more 'colour noise' but what are you going to do?

If film keeps getting more expensive though, it's going to disappear, regardless of whether or not we love it. Something has to happen. Maybe a cheaper emulsion? What's the cinema equivalent of Kodak Color Plus 200?

I have often said that Downton Abbey should have been shot on 16mm. The interiors were beautifully lit, but the exteriors kind of suffered a little. They could have at least done a film-out. Bah.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Tyler Purcell said:

This is the same film from last time right? There was some really nice stuff in there. 

Hey Tyler, yes this new footage is to go with the other footage I bored you all with last time.....the Governor's Residence Banquet hall was unavailable for filming as the roof had to be taken off for replacement so the whole thing was delayed for me for like 6 months......still, i insisted I had to film in there to elevate the final product as we can see Gibraltar Crystal product in use in Gibraltar's most famous (one of) buildings and tourists....especially Americans...love anything to do with British Royal family and all the rest of it......

oh and yes I know the candles went a bit wonky on the stills I attached earlier as I did my dolly track move up the 8m long table......I was shooting ONE 100ft roll of 250D in there and was at literally 1:1 ratio get it right and move on to next shot....the film discipline so to speak as I see it when there are no 'people' in there

crystal_timeline5.jpg

Edited by Stephen Perera
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

thanks for the encouragement!!!! everyone.....ive realise done thing...they scanned at 24fps and i have my timeline at 25fps.....is that why its a bit jumpy??? should not be but is....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...