Steenbeck 1901 maintenance drawings / schematics

I am trying to fix a fault on a Steenbeck ST1901, the 'hello' display is not working, I suspect a power supply problem, but I cannot find any drawings or details of the plugin boards on the internet.

does anyone know where I can find this type of information?

I can find info for the older 1900 but the 1901 has basic info on operation only.

many thanks for any help

Robert

• Premium Member

I know a bit about them, when you say the display is not working, you mean there is no electricity going into the lamp? Have you measured the lamp ports to insure it has electricity going to it? 

thanks for the reply

The machine is working mostly, lamp, winding etc, its the tape counter display, which is identified by the 'hello' message when powering up, which is dead. I have swopped the display into a working machine and its working, also the display board on LHS of machine has been swopped and its ok as well, I have checked all the fuses I can see and they are ok.

Im now down to figuring out how the various plugin boards may play their part in supplying power to the tape counter display

so ideally a set of schematics/technical drawings for the machine would let me work out whats happening

or you may have an understanding of the functions of the various boards?

many thanks

Robert

I have some  schematics which cover '01s among others, mostly in German, but can't work out how to attach them here.

Reviewing it I'm not even sure it covers the display counter at all, but you're welcome to plough through it.

Could you PM me an email address? Or just post it here if you're happy with that.

I have a 1600 and this is one reason I've stuck with it- being discrete component I've been able to fix things. No chance with all those chips in an '01!

BTW if all else fails, I use a stopwatch and a ruler.

Edited by Mark Dunn

thats great, Im quite used to working through German technical drawings (translator gets heavily used)

many thanks for your help

email is rmccormick174@gmail.com

we transfer is quite good at sending files, I use it a lot

best. Robert

• Upvote 1

Aargh, I've just noticed how big the file is so I'll wetransfer it.

Happy to help.

Just notice that the first section is about the counter, that's what "universalzähler" means.

Welcome to the club, I'm at londonsteenbeck@eu5.org and on FB @londonsteenbeck. If you watch the BBC a lot you may see  my 1600.

best wishes

Mark

got it sorted, 1 of the ribbon cables to the display board had a connector corroded from a battery leak

too long in storage!

anyhow thanks for your help. Mark

the tech manual is useful going forward, although I do hope I won't need it!

cheers Robert

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hello all

I have just found this posting whilst searching for Steeenbeck tech info. I work part time at an archive and we have four (!) Steenbecks in various states of disrepair: a model 1900 (16mm); a model 1901 (16mm); a model 4000 (35mm) and a fourth 35mm machine model as yet undetermined. We have the operator manuals for each machine but we would really appreciate copies of the tech manuals to pass on to our resident techie. Can anyone help with copies (any language) or point me in the right direction.

thanks and greetings

Phil