I miss the old format of this site

• Premium Member

I miss the old format of Cinematography.com.  I feel that it was easier to surf new messages and subjects. Anyone else share this opinion?

G

• Premium Member

Yea the old layout was great, but very insecure. If you wish to run a BBS, sadly you've gotta keep the updates going. What kills me is that the BBS software writers, don't understand how to make good ones anymore. Nearly everyone has moved to this new format and it really sucks. But 10 years ago, when people had to move from the "classic" bbs to the last bbs you're use to, it was the same freak out. Everyone gets upset about the updates because they never seem to be great on the user interface side of things sadly. I've already gotten use to this new one and it's not bad. The new features are very nice as well. ?

• Premium Member

If anyone from Invision is reading this, I have two comments:

- it now takes two taps to get to new messages on the mobile version. OK, you can just go straight to the /discover/unread/ URL if it's in the list, but that's less ideal.

- it's too eager to drop things out of the new-messages list. Pull up the new messages, read a thread for a bit, hit the back button, and it's not in the list anymore. OK, fine, it's theoretically not an unread topic anymore, but I'm sure it didn't used to do that.

Other than that I've no special objection and I do understand the concerns Tim will have about keep things reasonably up to date. I agree that things get overcomplicated but that's a decision for the Invision people not for Tim.