Vision3 250D and 50D 16mm stills attached

• Premium Member

...so here's another fun piece Im working on with a friend of mine who has a Stand Up Paddle business.....we shot a self mocking 'dream sequence'...he is out paddling then comes back in takes a nap and he dreams of being back in the 60s/70s and getting to Gibraltar for the first time and seeing the beach where he's gonna set up his business

TomDream_still8.jpg

TomDream_still6.jpg

• Premium Member

...and some fun shots to add.....

Basically I'm shooting 16mm for local clients whom I talk into shooting film and having a LOT of fun pretending Im one of you guys, the real cinematographers

TomDream_still3.jpg

• Premium Member

Pentax Spotmatic.....my old British passport......old maps i have.....old tourist office pen.....old postcards from that era......original suitcase from that era that was my uncle's.....I styled him myself...went shopping at ZARA for his clothes...point Im making....just go out there and shoot and have fun!.

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

Looks good Stephen! 

Would you be able to share the Vimeo link whenever you have it online? Would love to see it in movement as the grain in the stills looks fabulous. 

Have a lovely day!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Miguel Angel said:

Looks good Stephen! 

Would you be able to share the Vimeo link whenever you have it online? Would love to see it in movement as the grain in the stills looks fabulous. 

Have a lovely day!

ayi lo tienes

Both look good...nice job!

Pentax produced some great shots in its day. I had my Nikon F stolen before a trip to Thailand. Bought a new $99 Pentax K1000 body and a used 50mm lens for $25.  Was back in biz on a tight budget. I was shooting monsoon photos.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Daniel D. Teoli Jr. said:

Both look good...nice job!

Pentax produced nice work in its day. I had my Nikon F stolen before a trip to Thailand. Bought a new $99 Pentax K1000 body and a used 50mm lens for $25.  Was back in biz on a tight budget. I was shooting monsoon photos.

the TAKUMAR lenses are great...love them.....Im shooting Leica R6.2 in 35mm and Hasselblad 201F, 2001FCM and 500CM bodies in 6x6 these days though.....I ditched digital and went back to film professionally years ago as I scan (Hassy Flextight 646) and process (BW and C41) stills myself

• Premium Member
On 5/24/2019 at 10:55 PM, Gregorio Acuña said:

Dude this looks amazing! Im curious to know how you rated the film for the beach scene, how is the sun and the shadows so beautifully exposed? Os is the low sun in that area just really soft? What was the setup-lense, etc? 

gregorio.

Gregorio....como estas hermano....mira....te explico....

Rated the Vision3 50D at 50asa....I used a Sekonic spot metering to target a middle grey in my mind (I do zone system in my head) to get the scene as I was seeing it.....I knew I would get enough detail in shadows and the silhouette look i was after....the film handled the sun so beautifully!!!!!!! the sun was low but already enough to blow out but it didn't.....I guess I did keep a bit under to hold the sun in check.....cant remember what my readings were.....I often just go with the 'feel' of a scene and adjust the aperture.....if i see it brightening i close.....I get log scan 16 bit 2K so Cinelab do a great job

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/17/2019 at 3:00 AM, Gregorio Acuña said:

@Stephen Perera

Buenísimo, gracias bro! I'll do some tests with the Miami sunset and my Beaulieu r16 and use the tips.

Trying to get into that zone system mentality, and working up the confidence for celluloid.

Not a lot of people shooting film in Miami though, 

Saludos,

Gregorio.

....and this is why YOU will shoot film....cos it will make your work different no?....ya sabes hermano, dale caña al tema, echale cojones!!!!