Gibraltar Crystal - 7+ mins edit of Vision3 500T and 250D

• Premium Member

.....so I've put together a big edit...some crap shots in the mix but hey its decent enough to tell a story of sorts before i cut and move stuff around.....the informative 'text' pauses have to be edited of course as you can tell......the raison d'être of this piece is that its going to be on a TV screen at the factory whilst the glass blowers are on breaks or done for the day..the walk in tourism/clients can watch this piece instead...are there is a LOT of walk-ins..the TV screen is like 50"

For anyone vaguely interested:

The filming was not easy for me....I shot completely alone with no help.....I shot 1:1 ratio 99% of the time and being near furnaces etc I was worried about the film inside the magazine to be honest......I was ambient / spot metering using zone system technique, no video monitors etc, no tests with digital camera at all....my Aaton XTR XC doesnt any electronics (dont even know how much film has gone through so I count seconds in my head and write them down on the magazine as I go hahaha)......I went old school totally hahaha. Lens is Cooke Varokinetal 9-50mm standard 16mm.

Style: I lit and shot with Arri L7-C + Arri 650Plus + Multiblitz V6LED with gels as colourful/saturated/moody as possible......cos the master glass blowers actually work in very bland, highly lit conditions with awful 6500k overhead tubes so they can see what they're doing of course....but I wanted to create something more surreal and akin to the colours the final pieces display

I have flicker issues on a segment as the first roll of 100ft 500T was sent by me to a lab in Spain and they did a really bad processing job....very dirty and flickery.....so sent that roll and the next rolls to Cinelab London to redo and process the new stuff. Absolutely no comparison.....Cinelab London unit all clean and beautifully. I need to de-flicker but I only use the free version of DaVinci

in summary.........isn't 500T a beautiful stock!!!????......the beginning banquet hall stuff is on 250D and the rest of it all on 500T.....but 500T has really captured my soul......BEAUTIFUL

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Uli Meyer said:

Fascinating! Great looking footage. I sent the link to a glassblower friend of mine. Thank you for sharing!

.....really appreciate you watching this Uli....your friend might know Paul Alexander...formerly of Dartington Crystal many years ago he's the man!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Takoda Porembski said:

love the look and color also informative

.....the point of posting footage is for people considering using the stock to see perhaps what they haven't already seen as a characteristic......a pay back for all the help I get in this forum myself......for example....for me the amazing dynamic range of the part where the master glassblower is dumping molten glass in the bucket and you can see the cat in the blazing sun walk past the door and there is still information