Sign in to follow this  
Steven Budden

Moviola Synchronizer

Alright, I have a four gang moviola synchronizer, and I'm trying to replace those alloy spools. Anyway, when I replace them, they no longer spin. They spin if I keep the screw loose but eventually they wind it in again and stop. The ones that I haven't messed with... the screws are tightened and they spin. I can't figure out what is going on.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Steven

Alright, I have a four gang moviola synchronizer, and I'm trying to replace those alloy spools. Anyway, when I replace them, they no longer spin. They spin if I keep the screw loose but eventually they wind it in again and stop. The ones that I haven't messed with... the screws are tightened and they spin. I can't figure out what is going on.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Steven

It sounds like the spools are binding on something. The one I got is a six spool and I think it's made by NCE. I do have the contact for a Moviola service guy in Califonia, he sold a 35mm Moviola upright machine to me and he services and sells mostly Moviola editing gear. I think his number is still good though I haven't contacted him in a while (the last time was to get parts for my 35mm tape slicer). You can ask him if it would help:

ask for Tim at Editing 'R' Us: 818-240-4545

Thanks. I don't know what it is. I have 2 of these, and I removed one from each, and when I put them back on, the spindle doesn't spin. I have a feeling that would happen to any of them.

Steven