Any experience with Kodak Film Lab London (Pinewood) for amateur develop/scan

Julian Fletcher

Hi,

I have about 1000ft of bolex home movie super 16mm that I'd like developed and telecine to a quicktime, really just to check the footage.

Does anybody have any experience with these guys? They are based at Pinewood so I assume I (or a courier) just passes through the gate and drops it off? 

Alternatively, does anybody know of any UK based companies that could do a similar job - they are mixed films, so 50d and some 500t all on 100ft reels. Like I said, just looking for developing and telecine to a quicktime.

Am very much on a budget!!

Many thanks for your help

Best Regards

Julian

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Julian Fletcher said:

Hi,

I have about 1000ft of bolex home movie super 16mm that I'd like developed and telecine to a quicktime, really just to check the footage.

Does anybody have any experience with these guys? They are based at Pinewood so I assume I (or a courier) just passes through the gate and drops it off? 

Alternatively, does anybody know of any UK based companies that could do a similar job - they are mixed films, so 50d and some 500t all on 100ft reels. Like I said, just looking for developing and telecine to a quicktime.

Am very much on a budget!!

Many thanks for your help

Best Regards

Julian

Get in touch with Martin first before sending footage in. martin.mcglone@kodak.com

• Like 1

I've used them as part of Frame24's film & processing package. They need a minimum of 400ft to develop. Not sure if you can go direct and if they have a minimum requirement.

I've found them very efficient, developing and scans were spot on. Developing and scanning took a few days.

GaugeFilm also do developing and scanning, but their turn around times are usually longer, about 3 weeks depending on what you want, their website gives details.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have sent them an email to their general inbox, but will try Martin for sure if I don't hear back.

Glen - thanks for the reply, with the Frame24 package, may I ask what sort of scan you got with the package, with no additional charges? I used this package with Cinelab a couple of years ago and had to pay extra for a 2K scan. I checked it today and it said 'best light transfer to HD (apple Pro Res) or 2K Scan' - so seemingly one or the other. Its not clear whether the 2K Scan attracts a surcharge. What did you get?

Cheers