Low End Light Meter

Guest JohnDz

Guest JohnDz

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Bolex 16mm and now I am looking for a low-end light meter. I was looking at the Sekonics on ebay. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Thanx.

Sincerely,

John

Hey,

I own a Sekonic Studio Delux II L398M. You can probably get one on ebay for about $50-$70. But do watch out on whether a used one have what they called a high slide that are usually handy when it comes to outdoor shooting. It is a analog meter but it works really great for me even after I purchased a digital one. I still keep the analog one as a spare just in case the digital one forsake me on a shoot...you know how digital thing works nowadays.

Anyway, its depends on how much budget you have...if you are a student, you might even have a great discount on Sekonic meters. Do check out their student program.

Good luck!!!

Regards,

Daniel

I do not really think that

• Premium Member

I also have a Studio Deluxe that I carry as a back up. Its a nice meter, works just fine.

My main meter is the 508C (I really like the meter). I think I remember hearing Sekonic offers real good student discounts, so check that out for sure.

Kevin Zanit