7 inch monitors

Hi

Had anyone used a Feelworld monitor? They have a 7 inch 2200nits SDI monitor for as low as 330$

I wanted to buy the small hd 702 because of its calibrated screen and features but the price has held me back

My main purpose of buying a monitor is to have Continuity of having the same monitor on all shoots irrespective of which camera and vendor it comes from. Also I want one which I can use to judge exposure and contrast. 

Can I use an atomos monitor+recorder to set my exposures? Are their screen calibrated? Can they be maintained over course of time?

Can anyone pls recommend. Thanks

Varun

Hi Varun,

I have only used the 702 once before. I didn't love or hate it, but I believe it only takes up to a 1080 input, so that could be very limiting.

I have had the extreme displeasure of using multiple Atomos monitor/recorders. They've always felt off to me, and I hate the scopes on the monitor. I have never been confident in shooting with them.

In a similar price range, I would highly recommend the Odyssey 7Q/7Q+. You can usually find them reasonably used, and they are a fine piece of equipment (once you learn the menu structure). I love the scopes included on the Odyssey and the adjustability that lets you see even the most subtle nuance. You can load tons of your own LUTs on and I've always been really happy with the look of the monitor.

David