light leak and white line

David Dominguez

Hi everyone,

I recently shot some rolls on my rex 5 and I noticed that this roll had a a light leak on the right of the frame the entire time, and a small white line going through the entire roll. You can see the tiny white line on the second frame where the arrow is.

I sealed the bolex up well and the other rolls didn't have the red light leak. Any idea where these 2 problems could have come from?

hear are the photos

https://imgur.com/a/m5tztNu

thanks!

• Premium Member

Well if all the other rolls are OK it's probably not something that happened in camera, maybe the roll got flashed and scratched during processing?

In-camera scratches tend to be very straight, whereas yours looks wavy. I can't remember what causes a white scratch in a scan - a scratch in the negative base? Maybe a lab person can chime in.

11 minutes ago, Dom Jaeger said:

Well if all the other rolls are OK it's probably not something that happened in camera, maybe the roll got flashed and scratched during processing?

In-camera scratches tend to be very straight, whereas yours looks wavy. I can't remember what causes a white scratch in a scan - a scratch in the negative base? Maybe a lab person can chime in.

thanks for the reply. 

well the 2 rolls have the same white line on both rolls but the light leak is only on one roll.