Color Science Workshop or Class

James Leonzio

Hi All,

I've decided it's finally time to understand color science at a much deeper level than just the basics. I know, I'm a bit late to the party:) 

I'm sure there are plenty of resources online, but I'd love to take an in person class or workshop if possible.  Does anyone have any good suggestions in the NYC area?  Maybe AbelCine or a post house has something along these lines every so often?  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

James

I just took an HDR masterclass last week at AbelCine LA with Dado Valentic, who does an amazing job explaining science and workflow while keeping a refreshing enthusiasm about color. Though the class was HDR Grading and focused strongly on specific workflows, we spent a great deal of time talking theory, color spaces, and general color science. We've come a long way from Rec709 and he does a great job explaining how to "future proof" the work we shoot, grade, and deliver. Including ACES, P3, etc etc. It was a 2day course and walked out with a notebook filled with notes and a better understanding of my work. I was fortunate enough to have the company I'm working with put me up for it but I'd say it was well worth it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1