Electrical problems with Bolex H16 EL

Tassanee Duca

Hello everybody!
Some time ago I bought a used Bolex H16 EL. The battery (original Bolex 1.2 Ah) was practically "dead", but the seller assured me that with that camera he regularly used a common 12 V DC lead accumulator, and he immediately sent me one of these batteries ( Shimastu 12V-7.2Ah), its charger and various connection cables.

This battery supplies the same voltage as the original Bolex battery (12 V DC), but I immediately noticed two problems:
By connecting this battery to the camera, at least initially everything runs smoothly (and the various advancement speeds of the film are correct), but after a few minutes, the camera starts spinning at full speed, even if I've selected the single frame!

Furthermore, by keeping the camera connected to this battery for a certain time, even with the camera not running, the camera starts to heat up more and more, so much so that once, remained connected to this battery for about an hour, still remaining " turned off "(not in operation), the camera body had become very hot!

So, I ask you: what do these two problems depend on?
Do they depend on this lead battery, or is there a problem in the camera?

Needless to say, because of all this, I can't use my camera ...
Look forward   your answers, thanks.

Tassanee