Leitz Leicina Super RT1 battery box

Mikko Virtasola

Hi,

I got Leicina RT1 Super8 camera but the battery box is corroded and I quess two or three most upper battery contact pieces are missing from other side of box so what can I do? I didn't find any Leitz replacement box from internet sites. I quess corrosion isn't that bad I could wipe it off but fixing those missing pieces seems bit hard to me.

You should be able to find someone that can repair that battery box for you.  Generic battery boxes off eBay made for electronics project power supplies, can be used for parts to adapt to the LEICINA battery box.  Also, sheet metal can be cut and shaped to fit into it and connections carefully soldered.  There haven't been spares available in many years, and  what was available at the time was most likely purchased by LEICINA camera owners to replace theirs or have a spare.  Buying a broken camera just to get the battery box would be more expensive than just repairing yours.  You might be able to see if Bjorn who repairs BEAULIEUs would take on this repair task for you, if you can't find someone local to help you.

Hi Mikko,

Instead of the clip on battery box you can also use the remote controler ST1.

It serves as an electronic single frame controler, but also as a simple power pack and remote control.

I have two of them and could part with one.

Volker

Located in Germany

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 9:00 PM, Martin Baumgarten said:

You should be able to find someone that can repair that battery box for you.  Generic battery boxes off eBay made for electronics project power supplies, can be used for parts to adapt to the LEICINA battery box.  Also, sheet metal can be cut and shaped to fit into it and connections carefully soldered.  There haven't been spares available in many years, and  what was available at the time was most likely purchased by LEICINA camera owners to replace theirs or have a spare.  Buying a broken camera just to get the battery box would be more expensive than just repairing yours.  You might be able to see if Bjorn who repairs BEAULIEUs would take on this repair task for you, if you can't find someone local to help you.

Ok, thanks for the info. Quess I need to start looking for repair person.

• 5 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 12:55 AM, Volker Bendt said:

Hi Mikko,

Instead of the clip on battery box you can also use the remote controler ST1.

It serves as an electronic single frame controler, but also as a simple power pack and remote control.

I have two of them and could part with one.

Volker

Located in Germany

Hi Volker,

could you still part with one of the ST1 controllers ? I’m having the same betters pack issues. 

Is the ST1 battery powered or needs mains power? I haven’t seen these operate before.

Tim

Also located in Germany 

On 12/16/2019 at 7:38 PM, Timothy McLachlan said:

Hi Volker,

could you still part with one of the ST1 controllers ? I’m having the same betters pack issues. 

Is the ST1 battery powered or needs mains power? I haven’t seen these operate before.

Tim

Also located in Germany 

Hi Tim,

yes, still available. It's like new, complete with cable, manual and original box.

Send me an email.

Volker