Karl Lee

Using a S16 PL Mount Lens with BMPCC 4k & MFT to PL Adapter Questions

I have a Canon 11.5 - 138 S16 PL mount lens that I use with my SR3, and if possible, I'd like to try some digital cinematography with my S16 lens.  A while back I asked about digital cinematography with a S16 lens, and someone mentioned that the BMPCC might be a good choice.  I'm guessing that this was referring to the original BMPCC, which was limited to 1080 and had a S16 sensor.  Does anyone know if the newer BMPCC 4k would be a viable option, or would its (presumably) larger 4/3" sensor pose issues for using a S16 lens?  Or, does the BMPCC 4k have some sort of scaling option that would make the use of a S16 lens possible?  I'm guessing that shooting 4k with a S16 lens may not be possible, so I'm curious what the resolution options would be with my lens.

Along the same lines, is there  particular MFT to PL adapter that's generally regarded as being superior to others?  I see that there are a number of adapters available, but as with anything else, my assumption is that you get what you pay for.  Without any prior knowledge, I would probably be inclined to go with Wooden Camera's adapter, as I've been pretty impressed with WC gear that I've bought for my SR3 rig.  Also, is shimming usually a necessary process when it comes to using this kind of adapter?  I notice that Wooden Camera sells an "all purpose" MFT to PL adapter that includes a set of shims, however they also have a MFT to PL adapter advertised as being specifically for the BMPCC that doesn't appear to include shims.  That said, I'm curious if these adapters are, in fact, a little different, and if the BMPCC version has been tweaked to ensure optimal compatibility with the BMPCC.

Thanks!

It has a crop mode that allows you to use a 1080p window of the sensor which would probably work with an s16 lens.  Or just shoot 4k full sensor, and crop the vignette out in post