Why is sound not synched when converting to mp4?

• Premium Member

That's some pretty obscure software. Conversions from DVD in general are a bit of a bear for sound sync problems; I'd ask around on the movie piracy forums where they deal with this constantly (yes, seriously.)

P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any updates on a good MP4 conversion software to buy?

I tried most of what they said below and no luck. The conversion has good sound at the very start then keeps getting more and more out of synch as film runs.

I could not try all available combinations for adjustment they said but I tried a number of them and results were all the same. The sound is not synched after first few seconds.

What framerate is video tape on VHS? Maybe I need a certain framerate to set. The software has a wide range. I've been using auto and I also tested 29.97. But there is a zillion settings from 1-240.  

This is the email the Russians sent:

---------------------------------------------

On Windows OS, turn off Intel and/or NVIDIA or Intel hardware accelerations (if enabled). 

Else, try selecting any other output format or change video and audio codecs in selected format settings.

Select different codecs at Video tab and Audio tab.

Then click OK and save recorded file again, and check video and audio sync in resulting video file.

If de-sync still occurs after changing output format/adjusting program preferences, please contact us so that we could investigate the issue further.

--------------------------------------------------

Other than this conversion issue I like the Movavi software suite for everything it does with very intuitive software.