C-Motion CPRO

Hi everyone, i'm looking in to buying my own focus handset. Obviously i've been looking at the WCU-4 since it's the standard where i work and i'm really used to it. But then someone recommended the C-motion C Pro handset. (roughly the same price as a smaller used wcu-4 kit) Which i have never heard of until now. I looked it up and it looks really promising. But have any of you guys had any hands on experience with it? Would love to hear your thoughts on it. I'm also afraid that the second i get the wcu-4 arri releases a new system.

Thanks!

Rasmus

• 1 month later...

Rasmus,

I just recently got to work with the CPRO recently and I'd give it a pretty high rating. Being the company that produces the CForce motors and probably some other items for ARRI, I expected the build quality and reliability to be top notch--and it was. It felt like a solid hand unit (actually a little smaller than the WCU-4) and was nice and ergonomic. The focus knob is always a big thing for me, and I seem to judge the feel quite heavily haha. I really liked the way this one felt; definitely similar to the WCU-4 in feeling, but slightly smaller/less girthier in size. The only gripes I had were the menus. There are two ways to access the menus: through the touch screen and through the scrolling wheel. I didn't even bother with the touch screen really, but the scrolling wheel easily got bumped and would go into other menu-y screens. I set one of the three user buttons to be a menu lock and this solved this issue. Other than this, I felt it was a pretty decent item. Much more affordable than a WCU-4, and probably built just as well. 

On 8/27/2019 at 6:14 PM, Loren Hamilton said:

Rasmus,

I just recently got to work with the CPRO recently and I'd give it a pretty high rating. Being the company that produces the CForce motors and probably some other items for ARRI, I expected the build quality and reliability to be top notch--and it was. It felt like a solid hand unit (actually a little smaller than the WCU-4) and was nice and ergonomic. The focus knob is always a big thing for me, and I seem to judge the feel quite heavily haha. I really liked the way this one felt; definitely similar to the WCU-4 in feeling, but slightly smaller/less girthier in size. The only gripes I had were the menus. There are two ways to access the menus: through the touch screen and through the scrolling wheel. I didn't even bother with the touch screen really, but the scrolling wheel easily got bumped and would go into other menu-y screens. I set one of the three user buttons to be a menu lock and this solved this issue. Other than this, I felt it was a pretty decent item. Much more affordable than a WCU-4, and probably built just as well. 

Thanks Loren! That's what i expected. Ive been in contact with Cmotion and they're gonna have a demo version at a retailer so i can try it out hopefully later this year.