How bad are tungsten gelled LEDs?

I'm shooting some content just for fun and I have currently have a tungsten kit and a daylight kit.

I get it, tungsten looks way better. But for non-serous work, how terrible would it be to instead put CTO on my daylight LEDs? They're mostly consumer-grade, but 95+ CRI.

Will they match? Will this be a total disaster or will it sort of work? Again, the goal isn't perfection but adequacy.... moving target, I know.

Shooting with C100 and EVA1. Thanks.

• Premium Member

Lee Filter has their Zircon range which is intended to work better with LEDs. I have a pack of it here which includes a few orange grades and it seems to avoid daylight LEDs going that sickly yellow-green colour that Bruce describes, but I would also suggest careful testing.

32 minutes ago, Phil Rhodes said:

Lee Filter has their Zircon range which is intended to work better with LEDs. I have a pack of it here which includes a few orange grades and it seems to avoid daylight LEDs going that sickly yellow-green colour that Bruce describes, but I would also suggest careful testing.

Thank you, this might be the ticket. This project is for fun/on spec with no crew. Would shoot properly for a proper project. Will also test to see if the result is acceptable.

Edited by M Joel W