Aaron Martin @ OH

Nizo S800 Power Problems

A friend of mine lent me a Nizo S800 in unknown condition to try out. The camera is in excellent cosmetic condition, but when I put new AA batteries in it nothing happens. Motor doesn't run, no sign of life from the power zoom, etc. Do I also need to replace the button battery beneath the handle for the camera to come back to life, or is this camera now a paperweight? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes - the motor and power zoom work. Will adding the alkaline batter bring the manual exposure back? Shouldn't that just work on its own without any battery power?

Thanks!

The manual exposure function relies on the meter batteries to work. So, you can just put in most any 1.5 volt batteries that will work.  For auto exposure though, they will underexpose unless there's an adjustment done to the exposure potentiometer on the circuit board...or you use the Wein or similar 1.35/1.4 volt batteries which are closest to the orginal 1.3volt PX625 cells.  Later Pro NIZO camera models moved around this, but that's the way it is as tech progresses. Even so, the S-800 is an awesome camera, capable of many useful functions, and sharp images with that lens.  Best of success in whatever your filming yields.