The Irishman (Martin Scorsese, Rodrigo Prieto, De Niro, Pacino, Pesci, Keitel, Romano, Cannavale, etc)

It cost 159 million because, first of all, the deaging is extremely costly (and half of the film features fully deaged Pesci, De Niro and Pacino), there is also an enormous amount of sets, locations. The money is all there on the screen. 

@Phil: you're being ironic I'm guessing but anything involving deaging HAD to be shot digitally, it was Pablo Herman (ILM)'s demand. Anything else (basically half as Prieto said, he had it checked in editorial) is 35mm film, so that also means any inserts, 2nd unit stuff. 

Edited by Manu Delpech

35 minutes ago, Manu Delpech said:

The money is all there on the screen. 

Quite frankly after budgeting and making six feature films, I don't think so.

R,

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
4 hours ago, Chris Burke said:

And with that cast and high end crew, salaries were through the roof, probably a good fifty percent of the budget. 

I fell asleep

They didn't need that cast. In fact, if they had younger people and aged them up for the ending, it would have been far better. I think it was a mistake to do what he did, it just didn't work and it made for an uninteresting feature. It would have been fine as a mini-series and nobody would have cared about the slow pace story or the de-aging effects. 

• Premium Member

i felt the de-aging thing looked ridiculous personally.....too distracting and reminded me of the reaction I had seeing Pacino in Dick Tracy shot by Storaro in 1990......but I really enjoyed the film, I give it a 9/10....he could have done a Sergio Leone 'Once Upon a Time in America' shot by Tonino Delli Colli with younger actors but hey....I speak as a fan.....

Edited by Stephen Perera