Newbie question: Using modern film stock with Bauer C 5 XL Makro + does anyone have a manual?

Hi everyone.

I just procured a Bauer C 5 XL Macro. I bought film before being given the camera – 50D, 200T and 500T. Will these be ok to use in my camera? I can't find the instruction manual online (weirdly I could access the wonderful site www.super8exchange.com just last week but now it seems to have been overtaken by a hotel site?! Does anyone have a manual by chance?), but I did read that these cameras usually read 40 - 100 ASA, and there might be a problem shooting with newer stock... 

Sorry if the answer is obvious, I'm coming from a photography background so this is new to me and I don't want to waste a ton of money on processing if I need to find another camera. 

Any advice would be much appreciated ?

• 4 weeks later...

there is no problem shooting the modern stocks. If the camera is functioning properly, quite probably NOT, the only thing that will happen is that the stock will be overexposed, which is a good thing. Modern stocks have huge exposure latitude, so don't worry. Coming from a photography background, you already know all the basics. Get a good spot meter. Get a 85 filter to use in front of the lens for the tungsten stock outdoors. Make sure the internal 85 is always disengaged. it is over 40 years old, so probably not in that great shape. The super8wiki site says that it has auto exposure. It has a 225º shutter, so it will be 1/38th at 24fps. If it is only auto exposure, the only thing that you have control over is the film stock. So 50D outdoors sunny, 200t indoor well lit, outdoor cloudy, 500t low light, evening.  

But what are your expectations? I have shot the 500T on a cloudy day outdoors with no worries. The Sankyo 255XL I shot with metered it as 160 ISO. With an 85 up front, that is one stop over and it looked great!