Compatibility of Bolex SBM w/ Zeiss Super Speed S16 Lenses

justin T henning

Curious of anyone’s experience using a S16 Bolex SBM with Zeiss s16 super speed mark III lenses. I already own the 9.5mm, 16mm and 25mm lenses and I am curious if they will perform on a Bolex. I head there can be prism issues, but I am just curious if anyone has any personal experiences. Thanks. 

I assume that the Bolex SBM has an PL Mount adapter. Do you have the 10x or 13x viewfinder? Would are your expectations regarding performance? The prism issues you are generally referring to are related to RX designated Switar c-mounts regarding the FFD and the chromatic optimization of the prism for RX lenses. Your Zeiss lenses should be fine. The 9.5mm may be a bit soft. I would advise lens tests by actually shooting a small roll of film. 

I have recently invested in a PL to BBM adapter but have yet to shoot some tests. 

What do you mean by "...looking at"? As in purchase? I was under the impression that the Bolex SBM comes with a stock 13x viewfinder. Sorry, but those tests will not be happening for awhile. My email is nkovats@gmail.com if you wish to remain in touch.