Rokinon AS vs DS 35mm Sony E mount

Has anyone compared the 2 lenses (AS vs DS) in actual shoots? 

Here is the specs for the new lens.

CINE DS 35mm T1.5 Lens

For Sony E-Mount

The new Rokinon Cine DS 35mm T1.5 Cine Lens is one of Rokinon's newly introduced 2nd generation of cine lenses under its CINE DS line. The Rokinon Cine DS lineup has 3 primary advantages: 1) All of the gears are unified among all Rokinon Cine DS lenses. The focus and aperture gears are exactly aligned so that the user does not have to re-adjust his/her follow focus when swapping out lenses. 2) The new Cine DS lenses now feature dual focusing scales, one on each side. 3) All of the Cine DS lenses are tested to be color matched to provide the same color & contrast in video production. 

What interested me was the color contrast matching. Have you found this an issue with lens swaps when the lenses are from the same maker? I'm also interested in lens IQ. Is there a difference in sharpness between the 2 lenses?

Thanks

I have used both DS and non DS lenses. I noticed that my 85mm T1.5 non DS has a green cast that my 35mm T1.5 non DS doesn't have. It is very easy to remove. I have a preset in my NLE that I apply to everything I shoot on the 85 before grading it (to match my 35.) That said, I can't say I've noticed any sharpness difference between any of the Rokinon or Samyang cine lenses. They are the same glass as the Xeen series so they should be the same sharpness as the Xeen lenses.

• Upvote 1