Best way to place a titan tube on a ceiling?

That really depends on a lot of factors. Dimensions of the room, what kind of walls are there, what does the ceiling look like. Sometimes, if the camera moves, lens choices and shot numbers permit it, you dont even have to attach the tube to the ceiling, you can just boom it. A picture of the room with a detailed description (and measurements) of what you are trying to achieve in terms of exact placement of the tube would really help here.

4 hours ago, Alex Sprenger said:

That really depends on a lot of factors. Dimensions of the room, what kind of walls are there, what does the ceiling look like. Sometimes, if the camera moves, lens choices and shot numbers permit it, you dont even have to attach the tube to the ceiling, you can just boom it. A picture of the room with a detailed description (and measurements) of what you are trying to achieve in terms of exact placement of the tube would really help here.

Actually I’m just trying to figure out what mounts I need for common situations 

The thing is, the factors laid out by Alex are considerations for all environments you're shooting in. There are no catch-all mounting solutions (though there are consistent tools you'll want to be able to precisely position tube lights).

Sometimes a C-clamp, a gobo, and a cardellini will work. Sometimes a boom is the best option. Sometimes a light socket to baby pin adapter, gobo, cardellini works best. Sometimes you'll want a single or double tube holder with a baby pin. It's all kind of the same effect.

One thing I'd say is definitely don't use tape ever. The tubes get hot, melt the tape, and the last thing you want is a lamp falling on the heads of anyone.