Arricam LT viewfinder not swivelling

Uli Meyer

• Premium Member

The Universal viewfinder on my Arricam LT won’t swivel. I haven’t noticed this since I bought it because there was no need to move it. Today I checked the camera and noticed it won’t move at all. I did loosen the swivel screw at the top with the two pronged Arri tool and even removed it and the pin entirely but no change. The viewfinder is stuck in its original position. Has anyone here come across this? Any advice how it can be fixed?

Thank you!

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Dom Jaeger said:

The Universal viewfinder has an unlock lever you need to press to allow it to swivel, have you done that?

545498282_ULTVF.jpg.241eb4aa9910b0168db0a155d1b82101.jpg

Thanks Dom! I mistakenly said it is the Universal view finder but it actually is the Lite viewfinder.

• Premium Member

Oh Ok.

Did you follow the procedure to decrease the swivel tension? 

You need to undo the locking sleeve with the 2 prong driver only one turn, then turn the inner allen screw counterclockwise. The locking sleeve needs to be there for the allen screw to act against.

1900352885_LTtension.jpg.755d34a9f41a19b4ccf50f99422000ad.jpg

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Dom Jaeger said:

Oh Ok.

Did you follow the procedure to decrease the swivel tension? 

You need to undo the locking sleeve with the 2 prong driver only one turn, then turn the inner allen screw counterclockwise. The locking sleeve needs to be there for the allen screw to act against.

1900352885_LTtension.jpg.755d34a9f41a19b4ccf50f99422000ad.jpg

I've got the two-pronged tool and the allen key and followed the procedure as described but it's not moving at all, not one millimeter.

• Premium Member

Hmm, that's odd.

I don't think I ever needed to adjust an LT viewfinder, but if it's like the SR3 viewfinder tension adjustment, the inner allen screw needed quite a few turns sometimes. The screw is actually a worm gear that slowly undoes a geared lock ring that applies pressure to a slip ring. But it needs the 2 prong locking sleeve fitted to stop the worm just unscrewing from the assembly. If you kept undoing the SR3 adjustment, the viewfinder eventually came away from the body.

Maybe your viewfinder is seized together somehow and needs disassembly.

• Upvote 1