Stephen Lewis

Light panel and diffusion frame on same stand

I'm doing food shoots in tight spaces like kitchens and dining areas in restaurants.  I have some Clar Luxpando LED panels which i love but since they are panels and don't have bowens mounts I can't just slap a softbox on the front.  To minimize the footprint of my lighting gear, can you recommend a way to rig a diffusion panel to the lightstand itself? Some of these areas are pretty tight and I'd love to avoid placing a c-stand with diff for each light. 

On 9/9/2019 at 11:26 AM, Ed Conley said:

Those are very small and fiddley. Not big enough to I'm thinking 24x36 or 30x36 frame. Is there some brilliant little bit of grip equipment that would let me rig a frame to the center riser if a c stand or light stand?

Light on the baby pin and Cardellini+Gobo Head+20” c-stand arm on the stand mast? Seems like a chimera would be simpler and take up less space, but there you go. 

Alternately, what about building a custom diffusion box for the lights using frosted plastic? I think Litepanels made something like a plastic take out tray that velcroed to their 1x1 panels and stood out a few inches. Something like that?