Longshot: Kodak K-100 Maintenance Manual

Dennis Toeppen

Howdy,

I lost my beloved Kodak K-100 this summer when the triple-rig (three huge rafts tied together) I was on capsized on the Colorado River at rapids known as "Big Drops." A triple-rig has never capsized in Cataract Canyon, not in over 50 years. I was lucky to experience that river bit of river history firsthand, I guess. Maybe someone will find the camera years or decades from now. It was double-bagged in 9 mil (very thick) ziploc bags and had my name on it.

Anyhow, I've moved on. My new K-100 arrived today. It has a beautiful pressure plate with no discernable wear. Pressure plate wear is the number one cause of bad registration in high-mileage K-100s.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has a repair/maintenance manual for the K-100. I've had no difficulty finding the owner's manual, but that doesn't help. I want to CLA the camera myself, and I don't want to just wing it.

Here are two rolls that were shot before the accident. After the DANGER sign, the footage came from Arri 416 and Aaton A-Minima. Footage before and including the DANGER sign are from K-100. It's not much of a film because I was just getting additional shots to finish off a 2015 film.

https://vimeo.com/355690136

Thanks in advance for assistance tracking down a manual.

Dennis Toeppen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

$50! Jeez I hope it helps you. I know people are trying to make a living but that seems exorbitant for an old manual. I often find exploded parts diagrams not much help, easier to just start carefully taking the thing apart. But if there are some maintenance guides as well it might be worth it.

Thanks for the offer to share it.