Sign in to follow this  
Dennis Toeppen

Longshot: Kodak K-100 Maintenance Manual

Howdy,

I lost my beloved Kodak K-100 this summer when the triple-rig (three huge rafts tied together) I was on capsized on the Colorado River at rapids known as "Big Drops." A triple-rig has never capsized in Cataract Canyon, not in over 50 years. I was lucky to experience that river bit of river history firsthand, I guess. Maybe someone will find the camera years or decades from now. It was double-bagged in 9 mil (very thick) ziploc bags and had my name on it.

Anyhow, I've moved on. My new K-100 arrived today. It has a beautiful pressure plate with no discernable wear. Pressure plate wear is the number one cause of bad registration in high-mileage K-100s.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has a repair/maintenance manual for the K-100. I've had no difficulty finding the owner's manual, but that doesn't help. I want to CLA the camera myself, and I don't want to just wing it.

Here are two rolls that were shot before the accident. After the DANGER sign, the footage came from Arri 416 and Aaton A-Minima. Footage before and including the DANGER sign are from K-100. It's not much of a film because I was just getting additional shots to finish off a 2015 film.

https://vimeo.com/355690136

Thanks in advance for assistance tracking down a manual.

Dennis Toeppen