Schneider-Kreuznach UWL III with Beaulieu 4008 ZMII

Zach Moore

Hi everyone,

I recently got a Scneider-Kreuznach UWL III ultra wide adapter to use with my Beaulieu 4008 ZMII and was just curious as to the proper configuration with the macro setting. When I pull the macro lever on my Schneider Optivaron 6-66mm 1.8 all the way down, it's impossible to focus on anything no matter how close/far (this is also the case without the wide angle adapter attached). I can get things into focus when pulling the macro lever just slightly, but it doesn't seem to be super secure in that position. I'm currently using the lens without the reglomatic zoom control unit. The macro lever has some friction initially, but then feels loose/smooth until it's pulled all the way down. If something were to bump it or I accidentally touch it when adjusting the iris, it could shift things out of focus pretty easily. My question is, is this normal and that's just how I need to go about achieving the fixed focus with this adapter, or should the macro lever on my lens be behaving differently?

Thanks!

• Premium Member

To focus in macro mode you adjust the zoom ring, or you can use the macro lever partway down. The lever is designed to lock into position though, so as you say it's not particularly secure until all the way down. You'd need to hold it by hand or maybe tape it if you wanted to secure it in between.

From the manual:

2103724865_macromode.jpg.5beb0f7d449e85d22a6d7773c13341af.jpg