Sodium Vapor Bulbs for practicals?

I'm looking to find some bulbs for practical usage in house lamps that have a sodium vapor color temperature. I was looking at these (https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/4978/LU0150-0010.html) and then realized that they need a high pressure sodium ballast. Any know where I could get some sodium vapor bulbs that would strike on a house lamp, or bulbs with a color temperature around 2000K? Thank you. 

• Premium Member

Here's an amazon search result with some options. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=2000k+light+bulb&i=tools&crid=2AIET0Y2OEVIW&sprefix=2000k+%2Ctools%2C1513&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6

Alternatives could be a phillips hue LED bulb which you dial in your desired color. Or get a standard household bulbs and make little gel hats for them that warm them up a bit more. You may melt the gel depending on the wattage though. You could use LED bulbs so they don't get so hot. Another method is to just adjust the white balance of the camera so that your standard bulbs appear warmer than they are. So if you're using 2700K house hold bulbs, you can white balance the camera higher than typical and then gel your film lights back to normal. Depends on the circumstance. This may not get you the sodium vapor color exactly though. 

• Upvote 1

If you want real Sodium feel, with the limited color spectrum i would use a real sodium… some plant growth shops (especially weed shops) have HPS (high pressure sodium) compact  kits 150w-2000w with ballast in their shelves

Edit - just +1 on Kurtis note… Philips Hue…

Use Philips HUE and find a warm yellow color with spectrum peaks between 550-700nm . Spectrometer could help.

Edited by Philip Reinhold