80's Heavy Metal Music Video

Hi all!

Did a video, a few months back, for some friends that has a 80's style heavy metal band. Tried to get an authentic 80's look on the whole thing but being on an extremely tight budget had to cut some corners here and there (like shooting digital).
Also had some real issues with editing the video in an early 80's pace, since it just feels to slow for my 2019 brain. Ended up with a higher tempo than videos from that time, but still bit slower than modern music videos.

Please watch and make comments on how to get a more authentic 80's vibe for the next one. All feedback is appriciated.

Thanks!
/Erik

Nice - white trainers and black leggings. Great production design

What might add to the vibe on the band shots would be some tube camera comet tails on the lights - 1980's concert footage often had the burn in from bright lights - which I'm sure AE could replicate. 

Also maybe put nets on the back of the lens?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback Phil!

I was actually playing around with the thought of shooting the stage material with a tube camera, but decided not to since it would give it more of a 70's look than an 80's look. But that definition only comes from my own head and I didn't do any actual research on which years what was used.

Nets was a great idea! I'll definitely try to play around with that on the next video.