Krasnogorsk-3 Mount type change

Allen-Deon Saunders

I wasn't going to bother anymore with this thread, since you seem to be immune to reason, but people come here for accurate information, so I can't let your falsehoods go unchallenged.

30 minutes ago, Allen-Deon Saunders said:

So I would be careful making claims

So should you. You've been told that the FFD is the same by, among others, a Panavision lens tech, you've been shown material which confirms it, but you still won't accept it.

If your K3 M42 mount FFD isn't set to 45.46mm, it's out of adjustment. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Mark Dunn
  • Upvote 1

@Mark Dunn

Interestingly enough , just like most in the science community, no one wants to confirm the claims of others and everyone is dogmatic about trivial things - like camera equipment. If you had taken me up on this trivial task you wouldn’t be so high strung about an object. But I understand if you don’t have the tools to make measurements or are stuck to certain forms of belief about camera equipment. The reality is that this claim you are making is a about a standard for SLR still bodies that didn’t come along until years after this camera was made.... If you stop and think about it for a second it’s completely logical that this camera could have a different FFD. But instead you’d rather take shots at a stranger on the internet. Good luck in cinema. 

Edited by Allen-Deon Saunders

7 hours ago, Allen-Deon Saunders said:

a standard for SLR still bodies that didn’t come along until years after this camera was made

"The M42 mount was first developed by Carl Zeiss at their Jena plant in 1938 at the request of the KW camera company for their Praktica line"

https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-articles/the-evolution-of-the-pentax-m42-mount.html

" With the introduction in 1957 of their first SLR with a pentaprism dubbed the Asahi Pentax (colloquially known as the "AP"), Asahi Optical Co. opted for the M42 screw mount"

A total of 105,435 Krasnogorsk-3 cameras were produced between 1971 and 1993.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/9/2019 at 7:47 AM, Mark Dunn said:
"The M42 mount was first developed by Carl Zeiss at their Jena plant in 1938 at the request of the KW camera company for their Praktica line"

https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-articles/the-evolution-of-the-pentax-m42-mount.html

" With the introduction in 1957 of their first SLR with a pentaprism dubbed the Asahi Pentax (colloquially known as the "AP"), Asahi Optical Co. opted for the M42 screw mount"

A total of 105,435 Krasnogorsk-3 cameras were produced between 1971 and 1993.

That is way too many K3s out there! Classic Soviet over-production justified by central economics! Nyet!  

• 1 year later...

How about the opposite mount change? Are there affordable adapters to go from the Krasnogorsk 3 bayonet mount to M42? I have many Takumar and other M52 lenses that I would love to use on a K3 with the bayonet mount. Thanks in advance!

This is never mentioned and I think it's because it's not possible.

I've just had a quick measure and I don't think you can get the flange of an M42 lens close enough to the focal plane.The putative adapter would push the lens further out. The lock collar would have to come off.

• 4 months later...
On 10/15/2019 at 9:23 AM, Allen-Deon Saunders said:

Is there a way to change the mount type on a K-3? I’m looking to change it to the bayonet mount without anything crazy needed. I am aware there are 3 party mount conversions but they are cheap and I don’t want something temporary or just plain weak. I’m asking because some of the K-3 where made with a bayonet mount but I recently just bought one with a m42. I’m looking to use ARRI Zeiss glass from the 70s on the K-3 with bayonet mounts. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to converting the mount. I’m also looking for suggestions into mount conversions for modern lens mounts IF you know of them working yourself DIRECTLY. I have seen YouTube videos of some stuff but nothing decent enough that I’m convinced it is a good solution. 

8e9d09dc-8fad-4d0d-8cef-8376bb338baa.jpg

01865920-1a57-41fc-aa62-16204c15098c.jpg

https://www.tirasphoto.com/shop/movie-cameras-16mm./arri-pl-mount-krasnogorsk-3-super16-converted-1.66-1-16mm-k-3-k3-arri-aaton-red/

изображение_viber_2023-03-25_10-51-51-358.jpg

изображение_viber_2023-03-25_10-51-51-369.jpg