Allen-Deon Saunders

Krasnogorsk-3 Mount type change

Thanks for the opinions @Ruben Arce . Thumbs up. Any information on mount changing? Also if you pull out your K3 and measure with a ruler you will find the FFD isn’t the same as m42 stills. So I would be careful making claims with mount evidence or documentation. Have a great day. 

• Downvote 1

I wasn't going to bother anymore with this thread, since you seem to be immune to reason, but people come here for accurate information, so I can't let your falsehoods go unchallenged.

30 minutes ago, Allen-Deon Saunders said:

So I would be careful making claims

So should you. You've been told that the FFD is the same by, among others, a Panavision lens tech, you've been shown material which confirms it, but you still won't accept it.

If your K3 M42 mount FFD isn't set to 45.46mm, it's out of adjustment. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Mark Dunn
  • Upvote 1

@Mark Dunn

Interestingly enough , just like most in the science community, no one wants to confirm the claims of others and everyone is dogmatic about trivial things - like camera equipment. If you had taken me up on this trivial task you wouldn’t be so high strung about an object. But I understand if you don’t have the tools to make measurements or are stuck to certain forms of belief about camera equipment. The reality is that this claim you are making is a about a standard for SLR still bodies that didn’t come along until years after this camera was made.... If you stop and think about it for a second it’s completely logical that this camera could have a different FFD. But instead you’d rather take shots at a stranger on the internet. Good luck in cinema. 

Edited by Allen-Deon Saunders

7 hours ago, Allen-Deon Saunders said:

a standard for SLR still bodies that didn’t come along until years after this camera was made

"The M42 mount was first developed by Carl Zeiss at their Jena plant in 1938 at the request of the KW camera company for their Praktica line"

https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-articles/the-evolution-of-the-pentax-m42-mount.html

" With the introduction in 1957 of their first SLR with a pentaprism dubbed the Asahi Pentax (colloquially known as the "AP"), Asahi Optical Co. opted for the M42 screw mount"

A total of 105,435 Krasnogorsk-3 cameras were produced between 1971 and 1993.