ARRI AMIRA in 2019 - Does it hold up?

Fernando Vilanova

11 hours ago, brian hanson said:

Shot a handful of currently broadcasting spots on Amira:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/o4X5/monopoly-voice-banking-own-it-all

Considering that nearly all commercials are going to finish in 1080p and Amira shares identical specs with the Alexa Mini when shooting spherical it's a solid investment today and into the future. 

Arri's design and build quality are top notch. I owned just about every flavor of Red before switching over to Arri a few years back and have not questioned that move once since.

nah ..for the OP,s market.. you need 4K.. just shooting 4k today.. corp shoot for DHL.. they expressly asked for it.. they didn't really care the camera too much, but it had to be 4K..  they like to be able to cut it.. blah blah.. and for green screen.. they are all finishing in 1080.. but no 4K, I would have not been able to shoot the job on an Amira.. you cant argue  with the production company..if there shoot actually needs 4k..  its 4k or its not.. I shoot with a 4K camera.. rent .. or they find someone else much as I have shot for them before .. all in 4K..  and very soon you need to shoot 6K for 4K.. sure I know its bollocks but if your freelance you need a camera to make money.. not sit of the shelf looking great.. 

• Premium Member
On 11/3/2019 at 2:43 AM, Robin R Probyn said:

for sure the FZ is out.. they want everything E mount now.. Im not sure what they could make thats between the Venice and the fx9.. without it being so similar to either one..

probably they just wanted the same crappy overpriced zoom lens from fs7 to work with it so that they can sell it as a package for prosume users who do videography with it

10 hours ago, aapo lettinen said:

probably they just wanted the same crappy overpriced zoom lens from fs7 to work with it so that they can sell it as a package for prosume users who do videography with it

well Ive read reviews now that all say its not really a bad lens for the price.. buts its all fly by wire.. and f4.. but as a FF lens on an APS C sensor fs7.. the  FF 28mm is no where near wide enough for doc work.. so it does make alot more sense on the fx9..

• 1 month later...

Get yourself a C200. Its pretty close to the Alexa in terms of color, and I honestly cant see what project you couldnt shoot with it. And the price is perfect for an owner operator. I just picked one up. 12 bit raw is lovely, and you can also convert directly to ProRes444 from the card to harddrive to save some space.

• 4 weeks later...