Quentins fav film of 2019

Robin R Probyn

36 minutes ago, Manu Delpech said:

So what? I love plenty of films shot digitally although all my favorites are all shot on film (which makes total sense). 

I know .. Im just rattling your cages .. ? ..but.. the last time we spoke .. he said his next film will be shot on a Venice... dont spread this around.. as he,s easily offended and could get upset that I leaked this .. but you heard it here  first ..

6 hours ago, Gregory Irwin said:

Off topic but I can’t stand Tarantino pictures. 
G

Shots fired.

My high school film study teacher also hated Tarantino pictures. I feel like he's had 2 really great films and the rest were praised over reputation.

• Premium Member

I love blue cheese the way I love Quentin Tarantino movies; I find it delicious, but I totally understand that some people might hate it. Taste is subjective and nobody is wrong. ?

Edited by Justin Hayward
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Manu Delpech said:

Who will shoot what on a Venice? Surely, we're not talking about Tarantino? 

Yes Quentin .. Sony Venice..you can bet the farm.. he's going digital .. he told me at a party recently .. he's wanting Roger Deakins to shoot it.. 

• Premium Member

I went to the movies three times this year and all three times I saw "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood".  But I totally understand every complaint railed against that movie.  It just didn't matter to me, because I was too busy smiling.  I also like hot sauce and chicken, so naturally, I really like buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing... Why am I always comparing movies to food?

The handful of Tarantino films I saw left me conflicted. From everything I've seen, there is eccentric talent behind the camera, but he has the tendency to go too over-the-top that it just becomes too jarring. It works fine in films like Pulp Fiction and borderline in Inglourious Basterds since they seem to have a stronger "comic book tone" for a lack of better terms, but it just feels weird with films like The Hateful Eight: A very serious movie with nice strong tones of paranoia followed with moments of inappropriate comedy (For example, the whole shop massacre flashback followed immediately by Samuel L. Jackson cradling his testicles).

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Robin R Probyn said:

Yes Quentin .. Sony Venice..you can bet the farm.. he's going digital .. he told me at a party recently .. he's wanting Roger Deakins to shoot it.. 

What he didn't tell you is that it's not a movie, it's a web series. So yes, he will be forced to shoot digital like everyone else is/does. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Tyler Purcell said:

What he didn't tell you is that it's not a movie, it's a web series. So yes, he will be forced to shoot digital like everyone else is/does. 

No he said film was too expensive ..and lacking in dynamic range.. its only his agent who came up with this love film thing.. actually  he would much rather shoot digital but he has to play along with it now..

Edited by Robin R Probyn
spelling

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Robin R Probyn said:

No he said film was too expensive ..and lacking in dynamic range.. its only his agent who came up with this love film thing.. actually  he would much rather shoot digital but he has to play along with it now..

You're such a clown Robin. 

At least I don't lie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyler Purcell said:

You're such a clown Robin. 

At least I don't lie. 

Me a clown ..you mean funny like a clown Henry...!!   no its all true .. he was round at my Malibu place.. Roger was working unfortunately.. QT.. as he's known to his pals .. wanted to meet up..

• Upvote 1

I figured it was nonsense. The only way Quentin is shooting digital, if at all, if he's forced to do on a TV series (he mentioned lately he might make a spin off of Rick Dalton's series in the film), and lord knows, nobody would force him to shoot digital ever.

1 hour ago, Manu Delpech said:

I figured it was nonsense. The only way Quentin is shooting digital, if at all, if he's forced to do on a TV series (he mentioned lately he might make a spin off of Rick Dalton's series in the film), and lord knows, nobody would force him to shoot digital ever.

Ye of little faith sir.. you will have to eat those words ..

Edited by Robin R Probyn
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

I found the story and production of OUATIH rather fascinating, so much so that I went to LA to see it at QT's theater (nice clean print in a nice clean theater). I also raced around to check out some locations. I made a little video. I didn't put much effort into camerawork. I was in a major hurry.

Edited by Dennis Toeppen
  • Upvote 1