ARRI D21 - NO INPUT problem

Andrius Zemaitis

Hello, I have issue with my ARRI D21 camera. I try to describe problem as clear as possible.

Problem: When I turn ON camera it start to booting. After 30-40 sec. of booting I got ERROR word in main camera LCD screen. Sometimes after few restarts the camera boots correctly. But when I start shutter and camera starts to record sometimes I get NO INPUT error in my ATOMOS BLADE recorder. Sometimes the camera working correctly and recorder catch the signal but after longer record it starts to loose signal. Sometimes I hear strange flickering noise inside the camera. I was trying to change HD-SDI cable and reset camera parameters via internal camera menu but that does not work. I get same problem again. I love my D21 its old but very good for my art house project. I do not have money to buy a new professional camera so I motivated to repair D21.

I was contacted with ARRI but the repairs costs regarding symptoms is very pricey.

Any advice what I can do guys?

Thanks.

Best regards Andrius Žemaitis

Edited by Andrius Zemaitis

• 3 years later...

I've never seen an error message in the screen before.  I have a d21.  Hard to find anyone these days even at Arri who knows about the camera.  I hear flickering in the camera sometimes, so that might not be the problem.   Maybe something inside the camera is loose?  

Edited by Hale Mednick