"Honeyland" - nominee in the new ASC documentary category

I am proud to announce that a documentary film from my country Macedonia
was nominated in the new documentary category for the 34th ASC Awards:

Two directors  - Tamara Kotevska and Ljubomir Stefanov.
Two cinematographers - Fejmi Daut and Samir Ljuma.

400 hours of material, approximately 100 shooting days, during three years of the production.

Shot mainly on Nikon DSLRs.

I was pleasantly surprised for its Rotten Tomatoes rating of 99%.

Nice article on No Film School about the shooting of the film:
'Honeyland': Shooting By Candlelight and Oil Lamp Like an 18th-Century Dutch Painter

Available on AppleTV - LINK

PS: At the ASC nomination ceremony the cinematographers names were pronounced super funny and incorrect.
       On Facebook they both have a good tease on each other about their "new" names. ?

So ASC, note:  Fejmi Daut -> Fay-mee Dha-oot,  Samir Ljuma - > Sah-meer Lyoo-mah.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just received a link to YouTube where somebody put the entire film.
English hard coded subtitles included.

?

Enjoy!

Trivia: Almost all spoken language between the main protagonists is not the native Macedonian language.
It is Turkish and from what i gathered, between Hatidzhe and her mother even an older Turkish dialect - the mentioned protagonists being part of an ethnicity group.

Edited by Igor Trajkovski
Info Added.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Samir Ljuma and Fejmi Daut for their ASC award! ?

" The evening’s presentations began with the first competitive category, the inaugural ASC Documentary Award. This award was initiated this year to recognize exceptional cinematography in non-fiction filmmaking. Joker director Todd Phillips presented the award to Fejmi Daut and Samir Ljuma for their work on Honeyland. "

"
This was the first ASC Award nomination and win for both the filmmakers. For their work on Honeyland, Daut and Ljuma won the Cinematography Award at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival. Honeyland has also been nominated in the Best Documentary Feature and Best International Feature Film categories of the 2020 Academy Awards. "

Edited by Igor Trajkovski