Touching The Void

i just recently saw Touching The Void, Kevin McDonalds Docu-Drama about an ill fated mountaineering excursion. I found the film-making to be particularly strong in this all around flawless film. The epic shots of the mountains, with these long zooms that make you feel how truly small we are in this huge world. Also excellent steadicam use really makes us feel like a horribly unlucky climber. go out and see it if you havnt already!

charlie

• 1 month later...

One of the best films I have seen in a long time - I really enjoyed it, even though I saw it on a hired DVD. I still watched twice though!

This was a really refreshing film after the continious barrage of films with overdone digital effects.

My girlfriend wants to go and see, in the near future, Troy, Harry Potter, Van Heilsing (spelling?).

I fear all of these films are going to bore me with budgets that are too big!

Matt

PS Lord fo the Rings got away with a big budget!

• Premium Member
One of the best films I have seen in a long time - I really enjoyed it, even though I saw it on a hired DVD. I still watched twice though!

What's a "hired" DVD? I've never heard this term before.

What's a "hired" DVD? I've never heard this term before.

sorry, I mean one I rented from a video shop, not that that is any different from one I could have bought.

Matt

• Premium Member
sorry, I mean one I rented from a video shop, not that that is any different from one I could have bought.

Matt

No worries. I just wasn't familiar with the term. Nothing to be sorry about. Am I correct in assuming it's a british term?