"What have we done?" A short film from the Nairobi´s slums

Marco Leoncino

Dear all,

it is my pleasure for me to present you my first short movie, filmed in the Nairobi´s slums, in January 2019. I do that with a lot of humility from my side, since I am doing that on a forum with high quality content like this. The film is dedicated to Nairobi´s kids and it is a denounce of the terrible life conditions in these Ghettos. I have worked with a Super 8 camera, using Tri-x film, which has been self developed and scanned by Van Eck in Nederland.

I hope that you can appreciate it!

On 11/29/2019 at 6:39 PM, Marco Leoncino said:

Dear all,

it is my pleasure for me to present you my first short movie, filmed in the Nairobi´s slums, in January 2019. I do that with a lot of humility from my side, since I am doing that on a forum with high quality content like this. The film is dedicated to Nairobi´s kids and it is a denounce of the terrible life conditions in these Ghettos. I have worked with a Super 8 camera, using Tri-x film, which has been self developed and scanned by Van Eck in Nederland.

I hope that you can appreciate it!

I think the quote on "what have we done" should have been at the end of the opening titles. I kept wondering throughout the film what was the relevance of the title. I think some more cheerful native music could have been added. The film does show happy kids, so some happy music would have fit in as well. Rather than "Am I asking too much" at the end I would have put "I am just like you". Very Well done.

Edited by Bob Speziale

Dear Bob, thank you for your comment!

Actually, the music could not be too much "happy". Children are smiling, but many of them are living in terrible conditions (no food, drugs, sexual abuse, destroyed families, etc..). Therefore I was thinking that an happier music could have given a wrong message.