Krasnogorsk-3 Trigger Issue

James Dove

Hi, 

I've looked through the site and couldn't find another person with the same issue as I have had with my Krasnogorsk,

The camera was working completely fine and then on my next wind the trigger stopped working, I didn't hear the spring break or any unnatural noise so was curious as to what it could be?

I removed the lens to check and can see the trigger moving when I press, but it seems the motor does not engage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Premium Member

Most probably the spring has sprung from its core, a known issue of the Krassno. You can send the camera to me, I’ll bring that back to order. It can happen anytime again. Long-term remedy: get yourself a better camera.

I have problem, that my K3 won´t run - literally the gears can not turn.

I disassambled front part, then inner part, so I can see all the mechanics.

Spring is in good order, but when I try to move mirror or main chaft by hand, or by wound crank, I can´t.

And I can´t figure out what is stuck, because every gears seems to be OK, everythink is clean, no evidence of problem inside.

• Premium Member

The trigger on the K3 is kind of clunky. I've had issues with mine as well. If you take the front off and the inside out, you should be able to see the trigger assembly. It's made out of a little thin piece of metal and it can very easily get stuck. That could be why the mechanics won't move, I believe the trigger prevents them from spinning when it's not depressed. 

• Premium Member

with Krasnogorsks there is also the pretty common problem of the sprocket wheel jamming against the guide rollers. You can easily check by opening the upper and lower guide roller and then try to move the mechanism again. If that solved the problem then the sprocket wheel needs to be realigned and adjusted (it LOOKS like there is lots of good positions for it but there is only one where it does not jam all the time. it is easy to get it wrong when disassembling the camera) 

if that was not it then it may be a larger problem which needs more work. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, aapo lettinen said:

with Krasnogorsks there is also the pretty common problem of the sprocket wheel jamming against the guide rollers

+1 on this. Those little flat head screws that hold the guides, they come loose. That whole assembly is garbage and I'm always shocked when it works. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your help on this, after taking it to Sendean Cameras I received a quote of £469 to just open up the camera and have a look inside ?

I declined that offer and decided to take a look myself, opened up the camera and it was a simple fix, one of the cogs was stuck and a tiny wiggle freed it!

Camera is back working now!